WHY IT'S A GREAT TIME TO GO BACK TO BASICS WITH YOUR BRAND
If you're a business owner and currently working from home due to COVID19, we think it's a great time to relook at your brand and go back to basics. What better time to stop, rethink and consider what your customers really want and need and how you can truly help. If you're a brand that's had to pivot pretty swiftly at this time, then this is goes for you as well.
Where better to start than with your 'why' and the master Simon Sinek. Watch his video to get the juices flowing.
Here's some questions to asks yourself about your business:
- What is your dream?
- Why did you start your business in the first place?
- If you could start it all over again what would it look like or be?
- What are you trying to solve?
- What do you love about what you do? What do you dislike?
- What are the greatest strengths of your business?
- What are the biggest weaknesses?
- When you think about what the business looks like in 5 years, how does it look? What about ten years?
- When you think about what you personally want to be doing in the next 5 years, what does that look like?
- What do you think is your personal purpose in life?
- Who are you serving?
- How do you want people to feel when they interact with your brand?
- How do you want staff to feel working for your business?
Take some time to write all these things down, really sit with yourself and think deeply about why your business exists?
It's also good to take a step back and think about what you value, is your business still serving what you value personally? Do you know what your values are? Do you know what your customers value? Think about this outside of revenue needs you might have. If it could be purely about your dream, and WHY you want to do what you do.
It's time to hit the reset button and create the kind of new world we want to live in.