AN INTERVIEW WITH SALLY FOLEY LEWIS
Why did you start your business or take the role that you're in now?
We returned to Australia and from the work experiences I had during my expat years, plus my previous leadership experience, I felt it was time to step up and serve others, to do what I am best at and do it the best way I know how. Coming home, to Australia, felt like a clean canvas moment so why not: or if not now then when? If not me then who?
What inspires you and gets you out of bed in the mornings?
Knowing that I can help others achieve their potential.
What's been the best lesson you've learned in business or your career and why?
There is no way that there is one best lesson! My CEO experience, my expat experience, my stand up comedy experience... have all contributed to valuable lessons that I use or share with those I help.
Here are a few:
- Show up early and help, even if you simply buy the coffee!
- Never under or over promise, but definitely deliver value.
- Less, can be more when helping others reach their potential.
- I have got what it takes to run a successful practice/business. I am worthy and have value to offer others.
What does the future look like for you?
Exponential growth! Playing an even bigger game! More travel, more stages, bigger audiences!
What is your boldest move to date?
Writing books, onto my fourth now! (Not bad for chick who got a limited achievement (fail) in English!)
What's one piece of advice you'd give other women in business or in their careers?
Hang out with people smarter than you: in person or online. Reach out and get mentoring. Never go too long without a mentor or tribe who will hold you to account and help you raise yourself up. Not rescue you but hold the space for you.
Read some of Sally's content here:
- Download a copy of The Productive Leader Whitepaper, click here.
- Grab a copy of the book The Productive Leader, click here.
Connect with Sally on LinkedIn
Connect with Sally on Instagram
Connect with Sally on Twitter